Thursday, April 30, 2009

Duped

Facebook isn't a good place for me when I'm feeling verbose. Like right now. I hate people. I'm shifting and really feeling aggressive. I feel duped. Well, I was sort of duped -- but not really.

I was in Trenton this afternoon and an elderly man carrying a hospital 'belongings' bag and donning a silly band-aid on his forehead approached me. He began babbling some story about being a child psychologist. He was babbling on with his story. I looked at him and said, "what do you need?" He looked incredulously back at me and said, "You haven't heard a thing I've been saying to you?" "No, what do you need? Money?"
"Yes. I need $13 to get a train home to Philadelphia." "Okay" I said. "I don't have $13 but I'll give you $2 that's all I have on me now." So, I gave it to him. He walked away.

I know he was lying, but I really didn't care. I know he made a b-line to the liquor store, but that's ok too. It was just one of those kinds of days.

I made a mistake at work. I was duped by a customer and made a mistake. An honest mistake, but it made me look fairly incompetent. I rarely do careless things at work and tomorrow is my review. ugh. Dumb. Well, I truly wasn't aware of the back-story on this particular person, or his motives. So, all I can do is take it on the chin.

Tomorrow its back to the New York office; third trip up this week! Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment